Love is a mental disorder


It was a typical setup for such traditional restaurant,high back seats neatly packed against each other with a square table in between. He was sitting next to a young couple having an argumentative conversation and he inadvertently became part of a important chapter of their life story.


Loving is not always an easy task. Love comes with it's share of pain and guilt. Men fall in love more than women but you simply do not care.” she said.  


Yea! when women do fall in love, they become addicted to the feeling more easily. But unfortunately I am not a woman” came the reply.


People invariably find the person who they fall in love with attractive and they write poetry or sing love songs. You are so different and difficult,” she quipped.


This is not funny!” he said. “ Love is a mental disorder and I cannot transform into an insane to impress you. I am what I am. Period.”


What's that you said? Now I know, I must be mad to love you so much” she said with tears in her eyes.


Different people may exhibit different symptoms of love but when you list them down and compare with the diagnostic criteria of madness, you will realize.I will give you some example..” but before he could continue, she snapped.


I do not want any of your stories and explanation. I would rather be mad than sane for the sake of my love.


Preoccupation with lover is no different from obsessional illness. Feeling the urge to cry or ecstasy are bipolar disorder often referred to as depression. All points to one reality ….. Love is a mental illness.” He wanted to clear out the smog collecting around their relationship. But she got up and walked of saying ...


I was in love but you are SICK! Tomorrow morning I will be better but you will remain a loner till you change yourself

She never saw him again........
#thatstory

Comments

  1. The title was very intriguing.I wonder why he was sitting with a mental girl--lust?A personal motive?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maa Tripureswari

A Time pass post

Who Kills Our Creativity?