Do You Still Put Ink On Paper?

I believe we need to put the ink on the paper to cement new knowledge in minds. Being from an earlier generation, I follow the analog process …. Like those good old days. 


Whenever possible, I try to write, scribble or doodle on my journal like notebooks as I get along a presentation, webinar or the process of reading a book or website. While the main purpose of taking notes may be to implant the material in the mind, it serves a secondary purpose as we grow older.
These notes turns into our Visual Aids every once in a while as we refer back. Being grown-ups, we can follow the subject, its logic, and sequence with relative ease but when it comes to holding it back in the memory, we are hopeless.

Once a notebook runs out of space, I digitize it for convenience but it makes a difference to see my handwritten notes as compared to my MS Word typed notes on the screen.  More often than not, I can relate the time-space aspects of a handwritten note, which brings in another desirable dimension to the whole process.  I do use programs like “evernote” to organize materials gathered through web research but wouldn’t prefer to record the audio from a webinar. 

Please leave your thoughts on your viewpoint on this matter and how do you prefer to take notes.

The following is one of the pages from a webinar explaining how International Standard Organization (ISO) adopts new terms and definitions.


It is good to remember that a vehicle with two wheels, a handle bar, a seat and driven by a pedal wouldn’t qualify as a bicycle if the chain is replaced with a shaft. This is how critically a definition is attached to a term.


Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maa Tripureswari

A Time pass post

Who Kills Our Creativity?