Metrics for life

 “Only thing certain about life is death” is undoubtedly a cliché that everyone has used one time or the other. As the departure date never gets added to our Google calendar, reminders are not generated and most do not consider it to be a serious reality. 

But life is different once the true meaning is understood and this reality sinks within our souls.

Human being makes circumstantial decisions in life based on that moment and at times makes a wrong choice. Not everyone can see the big picture all the time and I believe it’s perfectly normal. But once we realize that what we did was not appropriate, there should be no reason for not making up for it one way or the other.

Given the choice, how many would be willing to regret about their life during before the final adieu. Nobody ask this question to a dying person but researchers has been collecting this data about their regrets in life from old people.  I have shortlisted 10 diverse regrets for this post as a start.
  • I wish I had worried less
  • I wish I had expressed love more frequently
  • I wish I had taken chances with my career
  • I wish I had cared more about my body
  • I wish I had spent more time with people I love
  • I wish I had forgiven more
  • I wish I cared less for what other people think
  • I wish I had lived more in the moment
  • I wish I had faced my fears
  • I wish I was more honest

We have a choice here. Either forget about all these and keep going on with life or we take a pledge to execute a “no regret” plan. First we “Select & Prioritize”, then we “Measure & Review” our progress regularly to attain a life without regrets.

Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maa Tripureswari

A Time pass post

Who Kills Our Creativity?