As I was driving to work this morning, I remembered a similar morning in Kuwait many years ago. It was rush hour, and a single-lane road connecting to the 5th Ring Road had conveniently been converted into two lanes, with no regard for the term “right of way”.
I was driving a saloon car when a rugged four-wheel drive started pushing me from my right and eventually forced me to stop as our metals clinked.
I lowered the window and, before I could open my mouth, the other guy said:
“I agree I am an idiot! But what is wrong with you? You should have stopped.”
I was dumbfounded.
The only answer I could have given was, “Hey, I am an idiot too.” But I was forced to leave the scene as hundreds of cars behind us were getting restless and had started honking in a way that could easily have given the South African vuvuzela a good run for its money!
Later, I asked myself… was I competing with that idiot in idiocracy?
Unfortunately, the answer was YES!
Lessons learnt
Never fight with an idiot, even if you are right.
It’s a no-win situation—or should I say, a LOSE–LOSE situation?
You are either defeated by an idiot, or, if you win, you end up being a bigger idiot yourself.

Hehe, this was funny, I have to remember that.;) I also like the one that states we never argue with people we do not respect, it applies in some ways here too.;))
ReplyDeleteDriving makes my blood boil at times too.;)
happy New Year to you and yours.;)
xoxo
Nice one
ReplyDeleteVery interesting experience.
ReplyDeleteWish you Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Nice catch!! Happy new year!!
ReplyDelete