A Rather Strange Walk
Sometimes words have more than one personality. Look closely, and they may surprise you.
I walked the forest, green and grand,
The most jovial soul in the land.
Singing my tender, brand-new song,
Smiling in my favourite beer hat.
I searched for weeds beneath the trees,
Gathering herbs with greater ease,
For nothing gives me more delight
Than an afternoon cup of herb tea.
I am brave enough to face them all,
Though I must admit, I fear the call
Of someone lurking among the trees—
Something rather grisly: the bear.
I mailed and paused beneath those trees,
And felt the freshness of the breeze.
"To stay alive and be happy,
I need to fill my lungs and ... breathe"
This post is in response to prompt Friday Writings #246-light-hearted-words

A strange walk indeed. I am told bears are to be avoided.
ReplyDeleteLight-hearted indeed! Beautifully acronymed. I like the sound-play of 'grisly' before 'bear,' too.
ReplyDeleteI love your walk and a perfect conclusion - we must always breathe - Jae
ReplyDeleteWonderful resumé: ""To stay alive and be happy,
ReplyDeleteI need to fill my lungs and ... breathe""
Great job
ReplyDeleteI like the way you played with the word "grisly" and bear as well as the thought of bravely breathing. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is your favourite beer hat?
ReplyDeleteThank you, everyone, for taking a little time out of your day to read this rather strange creation.
ReplyDeleteThe walk may seem unusual because it brings several seemingly unrelated items together in a poem. But here is the secret: I have no personal connection with any of them, apart from the word “breathe.” And, I’m sorry to say, I don’t even have a favourite “beer hat”!
“The Bear,” “Beer Hat,” and “Herb Tea” appear in the poem as anagrams of “Breathe”—words or phrases formed by rearranging the same letters.