Beagle, Sketching, Hobbies, et al

Puttush
A few months back we went to one of our friend’s house in Kolkata and were introduced to the newest member of their family. His name is Puttush and he a Beagle, six months of age at the time.

We instantly fell in love with Puttush as he was lively, intelligent and constantly vying for attention with his childlike attitude. The beagle is a breed of small hound, quite similar to larger foxhound in appearance and very popular pet due to its size, good temper and lack of inherited health problems.

Coming back, I promised myself that I shall make a sketch of his or give it an honest try at the least. For me sketching is therapeutic and dog portraiture is definitely fulfilling. After all dog is a man’s best friends and in the words of former French president Charles de Gaulle, “The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”
Portraiture
I have more than a fair share of hobbies with stamp collection, blogging and sketching crying for attention as soon as I reach home. Hobbies are a great way to unwind after a stressful day at take our mind away from anything that bothersome. 

It is important to have a hobby and Drawing and sketching are great hobbies that can be done any time or place. Some of the useful benefits of this hobby are:
  • Enhances creativity
  • Improves memory
  • Improves fine motor skills
  • Improves mood
  • Good way to relax
  • Reduces stress
  • Therapy for older adults
  • Improves analytical skills

Thankfully I got some likeliness in the sketch!  
The Friendly Beagle with His Portrait

Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers

Comments

  1. Awwwww.. This is awesome.. A replica of the sweet original.. Loved the quote "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your thoughts.
      I too like the quote and it is rather true across the nations and across ages

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maa Tripureswari

A Time pass post

Who Kills Our Creativity?